peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - Peugeot 106 airbag light and R/C/L

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 106 forum >> Peugeot 106 airbag light and R/C/L
View previous topic - View next topic
Peugeot 106 airbag light and R/C/L

Ashley728

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 106
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
hey everyone, just found this site and hoping someone can help.

i am looking to buy a 97 p reg pug 106 'extra time'.  went to look at it yesterday and the remote central locking doesn't work (which i think is caused by a fault with the key as the button had come off) and the airbag light came on and stayed on when the car was started. the lady who was selling it said that it just needed a service and this is why the light was on but ?? can anyone tell me whether this is true and whether it indicates any other underlying problems.

also, i can live without the remote c/l but i am just worried that if i was to buy the car (which is fine mechanically) and i needed to replace the keys anytime, would i have to replace the whole system as i have heard that some models have chips in the keys and to get a new key you have to fork out for a entire system, not just a replacement key and the cost of having it reprogrammed to you car. many thanks for any help   Smile
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: Peugeot 106 airbag light and R/C/L

Gazmeister

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
mi arbg lyt cme on aftr I it a tree mn

tiernbop

On the Grid On the Grid
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Yahoo

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
With regards to the airbag light, I have currently got the same problem (wuth my W-reg), although my light keeps flashing all the time.  My handbook says that it needs to go to a Peugeot dealer.  It also says that if the airbag light stays lit to go to a dealer as well.  It says that the airbags are made to last 10 years and then they need to be replaced, and as the car you are looking at is now 10 years old, this is probably the case.

I used to have an L-reg 106 for 10 years until March this year when it was 13 and failed its MOT and it cost too much to fix it so I had to get a new one.  Although I think they are brilliant little cars, a 10 year old one is probably at the point when it starts to go wrong and needs things doing to it.

Hope this helps your decision.

PeugeotGuy

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 206

PostPosted: Tue 25 Sep, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Hi with regards to you replacing a key if it does not have a key pad imobiliser then you will have a trasponder chip in the key head with is an imobiliser. You have two options buy a remote key and get it programmed into the car using the trans and key code code available through Peugeot if you do not have it. This will allow you to open doors with your remote key and start the car. Second option get a non remote key will still need coding in or it will not start the engine but will be cheaper if you can live without remote central locking.  
Air bag light being on its common for the airbag wiring loom to wear easy fixed just need to replace connectors.

I think thats right  Confused  hope it makes sense

tiernbop

On the Grid On the Grid
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Yahoo

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
Re:  My message of 19th September.  

Just got my car back from the garage and they said that the airbag light can come on when you adjust one of the front seats!  Apparently this is a common fault with 106's.  Actually, the airbag light coming on did coincide with when my boyfriend shot the passenger seat right back.  How strange!  The light no longer comes on now anyway.
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 106 forum >> Peugeot 106 airbag light and R/C/L

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: