peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - help, power steering/esp warning light

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 407 forum >> help, power steering/esp warning light
View previous topic - View next topic
help, power steering/esp warning light

saus

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 407
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Yahoo
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Wed 28 Apr, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone help, was on way home tonight when suddenly a power steering and esp red warning came up on dash, there was a total loss of power steering(arm wrencher), pulled up/popped bonnet/checked fluid(ok) and this was done with engine running, found nothing out of ordinary and got back in car to find warning had gone off and steering returned to normal. Travelled couple of miles up road and same problem again until arrived on drive. Switched engine off, had another look, engine back on, full lock left and right, no abnormal noises, took it for a test drive for ten minutes and no further problems. Any thoughts to save money in expensive garages. I don't mind getting me hands mucky. 407 on 04 plate done 104,000 miles.
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: help, power steering/esp warning light

Crow

Deluxe Deluxe
Joined: Oct 28, 2007 Posts: 1738 Location: Swindon / Wiltshire Berkshire border Posts Left: 0
How did you find Peugeot Central?: MSN

PostPosted: Thu 29 Apr, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
what engine??

crow

saus

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Thu 29 Apr, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
2.0 136 hdi, it's been fine today, someone has suggested power steering pump and someone else has said steering angle sensor which I think is part of the comm 2000.

Crow

Deluxe Deluxe
Joined: Oct 28, 2007 Posts: 1738 Location: Swindon / Wiltshire Berkshire border Posts Left: 0

PostPosted: Fri 30 Apr, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
Hi

well if fluid level ok then and also check with engine off , then perhaps there is a fault with the electric pump?? just check the connection on the pump ??

ive had a couple of pumps pack up briefly on 307 s , then ignition off , back on and no issues again ??? hopefully same for you

Crow

saus

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Sat 01 May, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Brilliant. thanks for getting back, so far it hasn't packed up again but I will check the connections anyway.

Saus

Crow

Deluxe Deluxe

PostPosted: Sun 02 May, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Your welcome

Fingers crossed  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Crow

saus

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all of your advice. I know it has been a while but thought I would post update for anyone with same problem. It went into garage after getting much worse and after having £174 worth of diags I was told the ecu on the power steering pump was faulty so I had to have a new one. £850 bill later and all was fine, 3 months later and got other faults now (esp/asr, depollution filter faulty, engine management warning, water in diesel filter and engine wont sometimes start so have to disconnect battery for 10 mins to reset, oh and the windows worked intermittently). I have been informed by main dealer that it could be faulty abs sensor causing communication problem, its booked in tuesday so find out more then.

gimhans

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Aug 09, 2015 Posts: 1 Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka Posts Left: 4
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: November

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun, 2019 5:57 pm Reply with quote
saus wrote (View Post):
Thanks for all of your advice. I know it has been a while but thought I would post update for anyone with same problem. It went into garage after getting much worse and after having �174 worth of diags I was told the ecu on the power steering pump was faulty so I had to have a new one. �850 bill later and all was fine, 3 months later and got other faults now (esp/asr, depollution filter faulty, engine management warning, water in diesel filter and engine wont sometimes start so have to disconnect battery for 10 mins to reset, oh and the windows worked intermittently). I have been informed by main dealer that it could be faulty abs sensor causing communication problem, its booked in tuesday so find out more then.

Hi mate, just wondering whether you have had any luck on the above issue? I too started getting same kind of problems related to ABS/ESP and Power steering but couldnt figureout yet after even replacing the ABS pump and sensors.

Anyone with a clue? basically the car is showing ABS/ESP system faulty -> power steering faulty and then all the other errors including engine management system faulty, gearbox faulty, breaking system faulty...
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 407 forum >> help, power steering/esp warning light

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: