View previous topic - View next topic
308 SW clutch

simon308

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 106
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
Ive got a 2009 09 reg 308 SW 1.6 110 HDI.  Recently its started making a grating noise and you feel a vibration when pulling away in 1st gear.  Problem first started a couple of weeks ago and only did it once so thought nothing more of it, but on Saturday it did it again, I was pulling away from traffic lights on a slight hill. The noise sounded like a grating sound but it wasnt loud and you felt a slight vibration through the clutch pedal, it only lasted for a second or so.  Same thing happened last night on way home from work, again pulling away from standstill on a hill and did it again this morning on way to work as I pulled away from standstill on a slight hill. All times the car had been hot except for this morning as i was only at the end of my road. Its becoming more regular, and the only pattern is its always when pulling away under load i.e hill start.  It doesnt do it every time though and so far its only been once on a journey i.e if its done it once it wont do it again (or hasnt so far).

Living in West Yorkshire we have plenty of hills so often have to do hill starts but this problem only occurs every so often not every time.

The clutch itself feels fine, its nice and light, goes into gear no problem and gear changes are nice and smooth. Also no noise from flywheel, Ive had a flywheel go a few years ago on a 406 and it made a squeeking noise on tick over until I eventually got it changed but tick over but this one is nice and quiet.

I bought the car from a main dealer 6 months ago at 11,000 miles and car has now only done 15,000 miles.

Does this sound like the flywheel is on the way out? or could it be something less serious? - Dont want to leave it too long if it is as the lower the mileage the better chance of getting covered under warranty equally dont want to be told nothings wrong and get billed for wasting time.

Thanks

Simon
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 308 forum >> 308 SW clutch

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: