peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - Engine Stalling in hot weather

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 307 forum >> Engine Stalling in hot weather
View previous topic - View next topic
Engine Stalling in hot weather

bahiablanca

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Aug 24, 2012 Posts: 1 Location: Spain Posts Left: 0
What Peugeot do you own?: 307
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Hi,
I am an English expat and I live on the Costa del sol. In January this year I bought a 307, 1600 petrol, year 2002, 107,000kms on the clock.
It goes like a dream up until the weather changed and it became warmer,
When the ambient temperature is around 30 degree plus (fairly normal for summers here) the car starts to misbehave.
It will get very hot under the bonnet and the car will suddenly die on me! The car will then slow down and will start up via the ignition without any problems,
go for another 2/300 yards and die again. The temperature gauge shows normal, the coolant level is normal and yet the car behaves as if it is overheating. It has not happened on the motorway because at a reasonable speed the airflow appears to cool the engine.
The first time I took it to a garage they could find nothing wrong, the second time they said that the fuel injector needed cleaning, and this they did, but to no avail. The third time I took the car at the time it was playing up and the engineer did a test drive and experienced the problem. The car was put on the computer and the diagnosis was a faulty air intake valve (butterfly valve?)
having already paid out a small fortune I am loathe to risk more money until I am sure this is the problem.
I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light or remember a similar problem.

Regards.

p.s. Forget the hot weather bit. it seems to happen in any temperature and after a fairly long journey (25 miles or so) It's stalls at crossroads when I slow down??/
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 307 forum >> Engine Stalling in hot weather

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: