shamakh

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Oct 30, 2014 Posts: 5 Location: giessen Posts Left: 0
What Peugeot do you own?: 407
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: October

PostPosted: Sun 09 Nov, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
canyondust wrote (View Post):
Cleaning the particle filter by forced regen is not really practice yourself.
I appreciate you can hold at 4000 (not 3000) for 20 mins yourself but how do you know if its worked etc - thats where the live data comes in.  Also the forced regen controls an awful lot of your car, like altering injection timing which you cannot do yourself.

Yes you can refil the tank yourself.  Its in front of the rear passenger wheel (on a RHD car - in front of rear drivers) near the sill.  Drop tank down, remove return pipe, use filling kit, add fluid.  Refit.

ONly way to determine fluid level without suitable electronics is to have a look for yourself - its a transparent tank.

As Cel says - then there is the issues of all the many resets - of which dont always work.

I charge between 60-100 for the job plus the fluid depending on exactly what needs doing.
I am now the largest purchaser of the fluid from my local dealers and have a weekly delivery.

Hi after filling the diesel tank I saw a warning light on the screen which said dpf additive too low. I took my car to the dealer for additive refill. Then I was told that the additive tank was already full. They said to me now that I have to replace the additive tank now to get rid of the warning as there could be a faulty sensor in it that tells the computer about the additive lavel they quoted me a silly price to replace the tank which is 430 euros. The tank itself is 288 euros new. I can find the tank on ebay for only 50 euros. Is it possible to change the tank by myself while reusing the old fluid or from a local garage and then asking peugeot to erase the code. Also is it normal for a tank sensor to fail suddenly. The dealer said that that apart from the warning or error everything else is working the way it should and I dont have to sort out the problem on emergency grounds however it is very enoying for me to get a beep about the lavel too low everytime I start the car. Any body on this forum had delt with this problem please help. I have recently been living in Germany and things here are very expensive.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 407 forum >> Fuel additive tank

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5Page 5 of 5
Jump to: