View previous topic - View next topic
new 308 sat nav updates

smartsox

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 308
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: September

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I am totally dissatisfied with the on board satnav in the new 308.  I have paid for monthly updates, which when downloaded appear to be the same size files as the previous month.  It does not show what the speed limits are unless there is a camera situated on that particular stretch of road.  I have already asked the software provider about lack of speed limits, and have so far not had a satisfactory answer.  My dealer also appears to be in the "dark" regarding the workings of the sat nav.  Although there is a setting for over speed alert, it does not work.  Has anybody else encountered or managed to solve this problem?  It seems a nonsense to carry a portable sat nav in order to obtain the information I require.
Sad
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: new 308 sat nav updates

Nagaman

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Jan 19, 2015 Posts: 5 Location: Victorian High Country Posts Left: 0
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Tue 26 May, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't even want a built in sat nav.
I prefer my TomTom Go600 as I can take it out of the car and plot a complex 'tourist' route from a detailed map - plus quarterly free map updates.
The base sits on the dash centre an complements the 'line of sight' instrument layout of the current model and I'm not worried about a cable or it not being 'integrated' and it's free as opposed to update costs/profiteering.
Re: new 308 sat nav updates

Woodlea

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Jul 05, 2015 Posts: 2 Location: Sheffield UK Posts Left: 3
Insurance renewal month: November

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jul, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I agree, the mapping, speech (how it pronounces road names) and general operation are awful.  I didn't want it but it came as standed with the model I chose.  On top of that the cost of the updates is disgusting.

I have a Garmin 3958LM which uses natural English (after the traffic light turn left onto Herries Road) and pronounces even complicated road names correctly.  It shows the speed limit on roads, camera locations, calculates faster, zooms in and out automatically, shows photos of motorway intersections, 3D buildings, I could go on.  It wasn't overly expensive and best of all the map updates are free for life.

What seems so stupid is that Peugeot use the same mapping data (NAVTECH) as do Garmin and TomTom, each personalising the maps to suit their needs. So why do you get a much better product at much better value using Garmin or TomTom?
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 308 forum >> new 308 sat nav updates

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: