denny2k2

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Aug 25, 2015 Posts: 1 Location: Glasgow Posts Left: 4
What Peugeot do you own?: 207
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Tue 25 Aug, 2015 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi all,

New to the forum and first time Peugeot owner.

I've bought a Peugeot 207 1.4, 2006 plate (second hand).  34,000 miles on the clock and full service history.  Passed it's MOT 2 months ago with no advisories and had a full service too at the same time.

On paper sounds like a good buy.  But I keep getting the Anti Pollution Fault error come up every time I start the car.  I have did a good bit of research on the forums here and it seems to be a very common problem.

I've tried driving along the motorway in a low gear for a prolonged period of time as others have suggested in past posts and it hasn't shifted it.

I took the car into Arnold Clark Peugeot in Mount Vernon, Glasgow.  They have ran a diagnostic check on it and suggested it needs new spark plugs and coil pack.  All in all it is going to cost me £370.  Spark plugs and Coil Pack are cheap - so no idea why it is costing this much.

Will this fix the anti-pollution fault do you think? They didn't give me the P-Codes so will ask for them in the morning.  I was hoping for them to clear the pollution fault via Diag and then I could get the work done elsewhere - is that also possible?  I've heard that only Peugeot can clear the fault error and engine light?

Many thanks in advance
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: Anti Pollution Fault

Chasp

On the Grid On the Grid
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Yahoo

PostPosted: Fri 28 Aug, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Had this problem earlier in the year with my 2009 1.6 HDI ended up with a new fuel pump which sorted the problem out (new pump,cam belt and water pump £600 fitted),however now have problems with faulty washer pump which has flooded fuse box and wiring loom.(2k from peugot to fix),not happy and waiting for a call from Peugot Customer Services,not optimistic!

dustybinlynn

On the Grid On the Grid
Insurance renewal month: December

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
i have a pegeot 207 2.0hdi110 the anti pollution has come on several times with nrevs over 3000 its so bad as the car has only done 50000 miles and has been serviiced regular , the final straw was this morning and the car just repeatedly cut out . i was informe it could be the catalytic converter but after reading here im very concerned as to getting it replaced just on some machanics advice without even inspecting it , im not taking it to pegeot as they charge the minute you walk in the door and they dont seem to know what this problen is as it has a ongoing history with this model . Can anyone help me to fix this as im now totaly confused as to what it is imm suppose to do ??????? Crying or Very sad

JackM

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Sep 15, 2016 Posts: 1 Location: Clacton On sea essex Posts Left: 4
What Peugeot do you own?: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I am new here. I have a 207  1.4D  2009 63800 miles on the clock  I can be driving along and it suddenly cuts out with anti pollution sign coming up. When I stop it will start again; very scary.There is no telling when this will happen. I have had ECU refurbish, no good, then reset, air flow sensor, exhaust checked and other sensors replaced but all to no avail. I have completely lost confidence in the car and it has cost me a serious amount of money so far. Can anyone help plese

coins

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
hello all,
Please read the post on  "how to fix ECU corrosion, Antipollution, leaking footwell"
This might be of help. i also have a 207 and currently experiencing the same fault appearing ,the engine cutting out and water in the ECU sockets. this started after the thermostat was tampered with by a mechanic. i intend to get the thermostat casing changed. i will give you a feed back as well.

hrabosek

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Mar 26, 2017 Posts: 1 Location: macclesfield Posts Left: 4
Insurance renewal month: March

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
JackM wrote (View Post):
I am new here. I have a 207  1.4D  2009 63800 miles on the clock  I can be driving along and it suddenly cuts out with anti pollution sign coming up. When I stop it will start again; very scary.There is no telling when this will happen. I have had ECU refurbish, no good, then reset, air flow sensor, exhaust checked and other sensors replaced but all to no avail. I have completely lost confidence in the car and it has cost me a serious amount of money so far. Can anyone help plese

Hello Jack. did you find out what was going on? it looks like I'm having exactly the same issue as you do.
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 207 forum >> Anti Pollution Fault

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: