peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - 406 Rapier Hdi 2003 110 estate

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 406 forum >> 406 Rapier Hdi 2003 110 estate
View previous topic - View next topic
406 Rapier Hdi 2003 110 estate

MichaelK

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 406
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: April

PostPosted: Sun 03 Apr, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
So it appears I own the most awkward variation of a peugeot 406 that its possible to own. Complete with all the faults of all the other variants and a few faults of its own.. It's 13 years old, pushing 160,000 miles. I have changed the oil and filter, new tyres on the front, new battery and Ive replaced a brake pipe. My ABS light wont go out. Half the time the anti pollution device defective warning comes up with the engine management light. Some times it just wont start. These last two are random. There is water ingress to the floor pan, and wiring is wet. Sunroof drains are shit. No immobiliser warnings but suspect fuel pump failing to power up when non start. I need a new windscreen, a new pair of wing mirrors, and a drivers side front wing (tinworm).

I'm looking for answers to questions and steering to spares please. So far the prciest quote is for the windscreen. £240. Only one screen that year, sun tints and diamond sensor. Q. The sensor is behind the rear view mirror glued to the windscreen. Theres a wire disappearing into the roof comes from it. All the  other windscreens actually fit but have a 'diagonal sensor'. Is there any reason why I cant just cut those wires replace the screen and reconnect. will the ecu read the sensor? I dont care if it doesnt as long as I can disable autowipe. So does anyone know where I can get a 2003 windscreen, intact and cheap as.....

As a temporary fix I'm covering the sunroof in gaffa tape, keep the water out. Then need to pull stuff to pieces.Had the windscreen pillar covers off and traced drains into dash. disappear off into the bulkhead. read that at the end of that line theres a plastic plug that narrows and causes the blockage, that you can cut it off and everything flows fine. Can I take the wipers out and the cover into the bulkhead drains to do this or is it done from the inside with the dash out, or both?

Next is me ABS light. It wont go out. This is what Ive read. which is true? Brake sensors are set to read at a specific load, this includes any load from handbrake. hand brake doesnt work, load is different, handbrakes flags ABS light.. Broken sensor? Broken wire? Steel scrafe around sensor. ABS light. wont go out. Pump attached to brake system, creates negative pressure, pulls calipers off. Needs bleeding in reverse to clear the air.

Occassional anti-pollution?

If youve had  any of  these problems and fixed them please tell
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 406 forum >> 406 Rapier Hdi 2003 110 estate

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: