peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - 53-plate 307 won't start...

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 307 forum >> 53-plate 307 won't start...
View previous topic - View next topic
53-plate 307 won't start...

fortherestless

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 307
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Hello...newbie here. I've had a quick look and can't seem to find mention of a similar problem, so here goes...

I've got a 53-plate 307SE Auto. It's got 26k on the clock and to date has never had any mechanical or electrical failure. This evening, went to start it and it cut out straight away. Strange, never done that before, but I just turned the ignition off and tried again, but nothing doing. It won't even start, the starter motor sounds ok but the engine wont turn over at all. Also, after a few seconds the display on the middle of the dash says "Passenger airbag deactivated", I haven't deactivated it. I've only given it another couple of tries but to no avail. It's a cold evening but I've never had a problem with cold starts before, even after it's sat in snow for a week.

I'm not at all technical and have no idea how stuff under the bonnet works but just wondered if anyone has seen this problem before, or has any ideas what it is. And crucially, will it be expensive?!

Any info gratefully received, looks like I'll be giving my mechanic a ring tomorrow...  Sad
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: 53-plate 307 won't start...

Mr_Cellexe

Deluxe Deluxe
Joined: Jul 04, 2007 Posts: 1966 Location: Hertfordshire Posts Left: 3
What Peugeot do you own?: 206

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jan, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
could be a failure of the airbag/s. when these go 'off' they need to be reset (as the car thinks it's been in a collision).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condoms By Peugeot...The Ride Of Your Life! Very Happy

fortherestless

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Hope so! Mechanic is gonna have a look tomorrow, hopefully won't be too pricey...

Brilec

Limited Edition Limited Edition
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Link from another website

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
When you say starter motor sounds fine but engine doesn't turn over, are you really saying that the starter is not actually turning the engine? If this is the case, then the solenoid on the starter motor is donald ducked.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian.

SPOCKA

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Jan 23, 2008 Posts: 3 Location: Stockton-On-Tees Posts Left: 3

PostPosted: Tue 05 Feb, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
fortherestless wrote (View Post):
Hello...newbie here. I've had a quick look and can't seem to find mention of a similar problem, so here goes...

I've got a 53-plate 307SE Auto. It's got 26k on the clock and to date has never had any mechanical or electrical failure. This evening, went to start it and it cut out straight away. Strange, never done that before, but I just turned the ignition off and tried again, but nothing doing. It won't even start, the starter motor sounds ok but the engine wont turn over at all. Also, after a few seconds the display on the middle of the dash says "Passenger airbag deactivated", I haven't deactivated it. I've only given it another couple of tries but to no avail. It's a cold evening but I've never had a problem with cold starts before, even after it's sat in snow for a week.

I'm not at all technical and have no idea how stuff under the bonnet works but just wondered if anyone has seen this problem before, or has any ideas what it is. And crucially, will it be expensive?!

Any info gratefully received, looks like I'll be giving my mechanic a ring tomorrow... Sad

SPOCKA

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Jan 23, 2008 Posts: 3 Location: Stockton-On-Tees Posts Left: 3

PostPosted: Tue 05 Feb, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I have a 307hdi 2.00 diesel 54 plate and have a similar problem.I bought the car 2 weeks ago and filled it up when leaving garage as low fuel light on.
They had given me a 6 months parts and labour and a major service before collecting car.I could not get car taxed so it sat for 3 days and when I tried starting it would not go for about 20 times on numerous occasions.I took it back but no electric codes showed up so they put it down to injectors blocked from filling up and gave me some DAE fuel additive to put in when tank quarter full.I put in some Wynns in the meantime and have done 180 miles for half tank of fuel. (not very good eh.)
The pass airbag light comes on when car will not start but later goes off so am putting it down to power surges when starting so many times.Will try adding their additive later as tank still half full. Crying or Very sad
Anyone got any ideas.
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 307 forum >> 53-plate 307 won't start...

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: