plastictaffy

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Apr 17, 2017 Posts: 1 Location: Northampton Posts Left: 3
What Peugeot do you own?: 3008
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: December

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Afternoon folks.

Been lurking for a bit and looking through the posts trying to see if anyone else has similar issues.  I'm a proud owner of a lovely 3008, 2011 reg.  Lovely car, gives me 50 to the gallon - even over the Alps last year when we drove to Croatia, (1.6 diesel hdi) and pulls like a train.  It's on 87000 miles - I've had it 18 months nearly and got it a bit cheaper as it had 71000 miles on it when I bought it.  All motorway, they told me, I think they may have been telling fibs, judging by the issue I'm having.

Anyway, within the last 6 or 8 weeks I've noticed the clutch seems to 'slip' at around 2k revs when accelerating away - the revs briefly increase, then it drops back to where it should be.  It doesn't do it every time - in fact it doesn't even do it all the time.  If I've had the cruise control set to say 75mph, and I go back to 60, then click 'resume' on the stick, sometimes it pops out while it's picking up, although it doesn't look or sound  like it's overrevving when it does this.  My heart tells me it's the clutch that's knackered.  My stepdad had similar issues on his nearly new 307 many moons ago - at 35k Pudgit told him it was the clutch and charged him over a grand for a new one. I know how my stepdad drives (he delivered pizzas for a living years ago and din't go through a clutch in five years of doing that, plus he drives like Miss Daisy these days) Very Happy That's a story for another day however.

So, thinking it's the clutch, I've phoned my local Pudgit stealer for a price.  It's apparently a twat of a job that has nine hours labour booked for it, and they're quoting over a grand Mad .  My local indy garage is quoting 500-830 quid depending on whether the car needs a dual mass flywheel.  Do the symptoms I'm describing point to the clutch being shagged?  Have others had the same issue?  How did you get it resolved?  When I bought the car, I was sold the warranty with it - but of course that doesn't cover the clutch......

If the clutch is gone, is it the sort of job me and a friend could do on his driveway?  He has a very well stocked tool chest, and I can always buy any special tools we might need.

Your thoughts people??
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 3008 Forum >> 3008 clutch 'issue'

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: