peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car model

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 405 forum >> Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car model
View previous topic - View next topic
Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car model

bigmark4

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Nov 18, 2013 Posts: 1 Location: Nairobi Posts Left: 1
What Peugeot do you own?: 405
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
Dear Users,

I own a peugote 405  1.6 L 8-valve, basic model Style and I have a big problem with its engine. I cant seem to ever get rid of its mis-firing.

*I have overhauled the engine,*replaced the carburator with that one of a 504

Now am on wits end because recently the car has developed a mis-firing, i replace spark plugs every three months, the fuel consumption is very high, it burns rich, there is loss of powr, and engile cuts off whenever the car makes a sharp right turn or leans to the left.  

The Engine is old, ten years old and I want to completely change engine and install a new one.

My question is:-

* Which other peugote model engins can fit into my engine bay?
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car mod

Emil405

On the Grid On the Grid
Joined: Apr 06, 2014 Posts: 1 Location: Norway Posts Left: 4
What Peugeot do you own?: 405
Insurance renewal month: June

PostPosted: Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:17 am Reply with quote
I think you can fit a engine from a 306 gti in it, although you will have to use a gearbox from a 405 after what I have heard one from a 405 MI16 phase 2 is the best option. I have this in one of my 405s although you need to do some work on the electrical wiring and I did not do that myself I had help from a pro. I think you would need to upgrade the exhaust as well but not sure about that. You can fit the engine with the original gearbox but then you have to modify the sub frame. And you will with this engine if you go for a 405 gearbox experience that you are a little high on the revs due to the fact that you are missing one gear compared to what the engine was originally paired with.
But with this engine you will have about  as much power as a MI16 and it's great fun to drive.
The reason why I'm unsure if it will fit is that the 405 I modified with this engine was a 2.0 GTX if you figure out the engine code for your car I might be able to say for sure if it will fit. And if this engine fits then you can fit in a engine from a 2.0 GTX or a MI16 as well.
Hope this was to some help for you.
Re: Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car mod

Modgiorno

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: Not Applicable
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Thu 18 Feb, 2021 9:15 am Reply with quote
I think it's difficult if possible at all to swap the engine in this particular model. There's an serious case study written on Peugeot motors by a freelance case study writer here. You might find it interesting.
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 405 forum >> Need Help: Peugote 405 Engine swap with differet car model

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: