peugeot forums, peugeot Information,Peugeot Photos, Peugeot Reviews
Peugeot Central
Peugeot Central :: View topic - 1991 Mi16 dies shortly after start and won't restart

Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 405 forum >> 1991 Mi16 dies shortly after start and won't restart
View previous topic - View next topic
1991 Mi16 dies shortly after start and won't restart

blkblk

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: Not Applicable
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jan, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm a younger car enthusiast in the United States with zero Peugeot repair experience. As you may know, Peugeots were only sold here in limited quantities and exited the market in 1991. Parts supply is challenging and there are very few remaining mechanics with knowledge of the vehicles - the nearest ones to me are several hundreds of miles away.

I did live in France for part of my life and appreciate the cars immensely. A 406 Mi16 went up for sale in my neighborhood recently and I'm very interested in it, but it has a major issue that's prompting its current owner to give up on it.

The primary issue is a no start/stalling issue. The owner says it has died on him a few times and fails to restart for 30 minutes or more, sometimes not starting again for more than a day. It seems to happen most often when the engine is hot, either on long trips or hotter days. Short trips on colder days can usually be made with no issues.

The owner has replaced :

plugs and wires,
the top dead center sensor
the ignition control module
the PCV valve
and the fuel pump relay.

The fuel pump is getting power and spitting fuel like it's supposed to. The mass airflow sensor has been professionally tested and works as well.

Any suggestions for what might be the culprit? I saw a similar thread on this forum where another poster's Mi16 wouldn't start at all, possibly due to a damp ECu, but since this car operates for a while before dying, it may be a different issue. ECUs are perhaps the most difficult Peugeot part to source here.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: 1991 Mi16 dies shortly after start and won't restart

mh.aramesh

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: Not Applicable
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google
Insurance renewal month: January

PostPosted: Tue 17 Feb, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
hi friend

change the start automatic (start solenoid) and coal of start....

your start is valeo??
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 405 forum >> 1991 Mi16 dies shortly after start and won't restart

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: