Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 106 forum >> wiring a sub
View previous topic - View next topic
wiring a sub

gje1

On the Grid On the Grid
What Peugeot do you own?: 106
How did you find Peugeot Central?: Google

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote
i wondered if any 1 could help, i am trying to wire a sub in my 106 but cant find anywhere to run the power cable to get it from the engine in to the car. and help would be very welcome, and pics would be awsome many thanks
Advertisement
PeugeotCentral.co.uk
Advertisement
Re: wiring a sub

Mr_Cellexe

Deluxe Deluxe
What Peugeot do you own?: 206

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
best thing to do is drill a hole thru and seal with a rubber gromet. unless of course you can get to the BIG gromet that takes all of the main cables, which is doubtful.

easy enough to do tbh. Just make sure you have the inline fuse as close to the battery as possible, AND more importantly that you ground your amplifier to BARE metal and not painted (ie, sand down the grounding point)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condoms By Peugeot...The Ride Of Your Life! Very Happy

dee383

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Dont drill the bulkhead m8 theres no need to there is a grommet behind the glove box that you can use to put the amp cable throught  you mya need to take the glove box out to get a better acess to it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China Blue 106 Gti

D4nny_2k8

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
how do u get the glove box out i got an m reg 106 xnd 1.5 Smile

D4nny_2k8

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
how do u get the glove box out i got an m reg 106 xnd 1.5 Smile

sheesh

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Thu 21 Feb, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
on my pug (51 zest2) if u manage to get upside down in the footwell lol u c 2 white plastic pins just click them out of place horizontally and your glovebox should just fall out if u pull the handle

106Si

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Thu 21 Feb, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
true- on the S2 ther is 2 plastic pins but i belive on the S1 (asumming that it is the S1) you can remove the glove box by takin out the 2 torx screws at the base of the hinges- and if i remember ther is a rubber groment (which the speedo cable passes thru) which comes straight aout behind the brake master cyclinder- you can either put a whole thru the rubber or on the speedo cable ther is a rubber ball-like thing cut it off pass the power cable (for the amp) thru once connected use some electrical tape to wrap round and to block hole. (power cable done)
failing that drill thru the bulk head- not adviseable but saves alot of fiddling

da-pug106

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote
hiya mate.
no need to remove glovebox or do any drilling.
there is a big rubber grommet behind glove box, with a philips screwdriver very carefully force the screwdriver towards the engine through the rubber grommet (turn screwdriver at same time). once screwdriver starts to slide through gremmet easilt stop pushing! get some stickytape and tape the power cable to the screwdriver v - tightly and resume pushing screwdriver forwards whilst pushing cable vat the same time, ensuring cable does not get pulled out of the tape rapped around screwdriver, go to under bonnet and retrieve cable by cutting the tape off and pulling requiered amount of cable through (dont forget to go behind glovebox and get your screwdriver back lol).106 are a pain in the arse to do but you will get there in the end!
(also make sure you dont use a knife or realy sharp objects to pierce grommet as main cars electrics can be going throught the grommet as well already or even fuel pipe is close - be careful)
i work at halfords audio dept and do these reguarly easy when you know how to!
da-pug106

Sham

On the Grid On the Grid

PostPosted: Tue 06 May, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
da-pug106 is 100% right! Thats the easiest way to do it. I found it helped if you lube up the screwdriver so that it doesnt rip off the wire when pulling through the grommet. Use fairy as lube....nothing else lol

Juba013

On the Grid On the Grid
Insurance renewal month: October

PostPosted: Fri 09 Oct, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
gje1 wrote (View Post):
i wondered if any 1 could help, i am trying to wire a sub in my 106 but cant find anywhere to run the power cable to get it from the engine in to the car. and help would be very welcome, and pics would be awsome many thanks

I'm not sure if everyone found an answer to this question, sorry for repeating someone if they did! The reason I'm repeating the post above, was because I couldn't push the wire through, because I had a fuse connector attached to it, and that was to big to push through the grommet from inside the car and trying to push through the grommet from under the bonnet was impossible as their is no space.

Behind the glovebox is a large "diamond" shaped grommit, usually with wires going through the top hole and a blank on the bottom.

(for taking the glovebox off, which I found best, their is two white pins underneath that slide sidewards (both slide into the middle of the glovebox, if you get what I mean, looking directly at the glovebox from the passenger seat, the right side slides left and the left side slides right.) I found it was easier to get the right side (looking at glovebox from passenger seat) first, and then do the other. Once both off, the glovebox should fall out)

What I did, was pierce the bottom hole (below the gromit with the wires going through it) with a large phillips screwdriver, I then attached an old bit of sub power cable (any wire will do, as long as its strong enough to be tugged on) onto that screwdriver and pushed it through the bulkhead into the engine bay. Its best if you tape the wire over the end of the screwdriver, so your not relying on the strength of the tape, and actually pushing the wire through.

Then I went under the bonnet and to the left of the brake servo, behind an awkward bit of metal bar (didn't look at what it is) you can see the gromit, which the wiring coming out of it.
You can't really access the grommit, to push a wire through, so I used the tips of my fingers, felt for the screwdriver, down the back and pulled the wire I had attached to it.
(This may take a couple of attempts, but I tried to other ways, and after about 2 hours had no joy, this way took me 15 minutes, if that!)

Once you've pulled the wire through enough, tape the new sub wire, making sure you don't tape the end closest to the fuse (if it has a fuse attached to the wire).
Once both wires a taped/soldered/crimped (anything aslong at its solid) together, go inside the car and pull the screwdriver and the wiring through.
Depending on how good of a job you did on connecting the cables together (I twisted and taped) you should pull both cables through the grommit.

Once through, keep pulling until you have enough cable.

Because I pierced a hole with a screwdriver and not a drill, or a Stanley, the hole was small enough to make a seal on the cable, so no need to worry about letting air/water through. (if you are, just use some gutter sealant or bathroom sealant or even some tape to secure the hole.

Hope this was helpful! I tried to get the power cable through the top grommit, which has all the wires in, and it took me ages! and literally blood sweat and tears!
Peugeot Central Forum Index >> Peugeot 106 forum >> wiring a sub

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: